Beer for a wedding???

Is it ok to buy cans of beer instead of bottles for our wedding? I've never been married and I don't know any of the wedding etiquette.

mama28th

Asked by mama28th at 9:24 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• yeah if it's a casual kind of reception! if it's more formal, you either should have some sort of a tap AND cups OR have glass bottles and cups again as well.
    Anonymous

• most people I know who drink beer will drink it out of cans or bottles, esp when its free. Its your wedding and you are paying for it so do what you want. It might be cheaper to get a few kegs of beer if you are having alot of people.
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 9:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• A keg would be a good idea. When my daughter was married last summer, they had a keg and an open bar with wine and whatever mixed drinks the guests wanted but the beer was really popular.
    Anonymous

• I'd skip the alcohol altogether. I"m not against drinking, but it runs the cost up, puts you at risk for being sued if someone gets hurt- like drinking and driving and makes for bad pictures and arguments-
    Anonymous

• your wedding your rules!..as far as skipping the beer, why? if it is for the toast only! don't serve more then one
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• congrats and yes u buy what u want especialll in the resession
    good luck
    Anonymous

• It's your wedding, so do as you please. At our wedding we had bottles - but only because I prefer bottles. My Mom didn't even like that idea and she made us have glasses available to pour the beer in. I was supposed to instruct the bartender to pour every beer in a glass. Oops, I knew I forgot something. :) I drank wine the whole time - I was pretty drunk by the end of the night. I had a blast!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:26 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I agree. Do whatever you want. Its your wedding. Who complains about free beer anyway.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• my brother had bottles and cans in big tubs of ice, and a few kegs.

I don't think it's an etiquette issue.

It's your wedding, the people know you, you know them. Do what ever you want and think they would want.

personally, I'd go with a keg
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Go with the Keg, it is cheaper and people don't really care if it's free.....on the other hand I had a Keg at my reception and people bought their own drinks from the bar, I ended up with a half a keg! but my son in law took care of it, lol
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:31 AM on Mar. 15, 2010