Can you believe weight-watchers is endorsing chicken mcnuggets?!

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/fitness_exercise_health/2010/03/weight-watchers-branded-chicken-mcnuggets-another-marketing-campaign-to-mislead-the-public.html

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 9:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Aren't all of WW products bad for you? I get the concept, that you can still have a small treat and lose weight. But all of their snack bars, snack cakes, and ice cream products are all just calorie filled junk. Yes, it's less calories than a full size candy bar. But their is no nutritional value at all.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I can believe it. They aren't totally unhealthy...if in moderation. The whole push is that you can eat out and still lose weight...which you can, but it's about MODERATION!
    Anonymous

• maybe they have a deal going with the chain-
    Anonymous

• All of the crap they sell isn't the BEST for you, but that's why I don't waste my money or points on them lol Although thier whoopie pie recipe is really good! Among other recipies.
    Anonymous

• I think it's their way of keeping customers who just can't stay away from the fast food.
    Anonymous

• Hmmm... They never said watching your weight meant it would shrink. Maybe you watch your weight grow?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:41 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I think the article is giving information purposely to make it look worse than it is. No where is it mentioning that Weight Watcher is endorsing french fries or pigging out and one person eating the family size 10 nuggets. The article mentions the McNugget "Meal" has 29 grams of fat and 485 calories. If you go to McDonald's website, none of the "meals" has those totals. It's either more if you get a 6 piece and fries or less if you get the 10 pieces nuggets or a 4 piece and fries.

But a 4 piece McNugget is not entirely unhealthy. It's 190 calories and 12 grams of fat. In fact, most of their salads have MORE calories, and several have more fat.

So, if you have no choice but to go to McDonald's a 4 piece McNugget and a side salad is a healthy option for you. I see nothing wrong with Weight Watches saying this is a healthy option.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:04 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• http://health.msn.com/nutrition/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100254643

The “meat” in the McNugget alone contains seven ingredients, some of which are made up of yet more ingredients. (Nope, it’s not just chicken. It’s also such nonchicken-related stuff as water, wheat starch, dextrose, safflower oil, and sodium phosphates.) The “meat” also contains something called “autolyzed yeast extract.” Then add another 20 ingredients that make up the breading, and you have the industrial chemical—we mean, fast-food meal—called the McNugget. Still, McDonald’s is practically all-natural compared to Wendy’s Chicken Nuggets, with 30 ingredients, and Burger King's Chicken Fries; with a whopping 35 ingredients.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Calorie Count / Smalorie Count! That is NOT "food"!! ^^ lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Who cares! I eat greasy food sometimes. Even junk food. I eat healthy and drink a lot fo water too though. I've lost 13 pounds in a month. So that just proves that as long as you eat everything in moderation and just get up off your butt, you'll lose weight!
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 2:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2010