Disgusting, embarassing, cooch question.

Thank God for anon!

The skin of my vulva is peeling and flaking off! It just started suddenly a couple of weeks ago. I'm making an app. with my ob/gyn tomorrow, but I'm curious if anyone else had this.

I DO have an irritated, burning feeling occasionaly, kind of like yeast but it is very fleeting. Ugh, so frustrating!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Health

• Yeast infections can be like that. It's like a "dry" infection. No discharge, just burning, itching, and flaking. Sort of like how men experience jock itch.

You could have an allergy to something. Even if you used the same laundry detergent or soap for years you can develop a reaction to things at any time. Also, they may have changed an ingredient.

I would clean the area with plain white vinegar and water. A warm vinegar compress will help reduce "invaders" like yeast or bacteria. It'll also help the itch. I wouldn't use any creams or lotions. Just pat it dry and let your skin breathe. If you can sleep without undies to get more air, that might help too.

You can buy a yeast test kit at the drug store.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I have no idea but be sure to make that appointment and get it checked out!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 10:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• that sucks.. i had that type of problem when i was pregnant i think... it wasn't flakey bad but it was so dry and chapped feeling
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 10:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Omg OW that sounds AWFUL! I wish I could help you....ye gads woman....that is not nice at all! I hope you get that sorted out and FAST!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 4:03 AM on Mar. 15, 2010