FORMULA?

MY DAUGHTER IS 7 MONTHS OLD AND I HAVE HAD HER ON THE GENTLE EASE FORMULA SINCE SHE WAS 2 WEEKS OLD SINCE I COULD NOT BF. SHE IS STILL WAKING UP AROUND 2AM OR 3AM HUNGRY, IS THERE A FORMULA TO HELP WITH SLEEPING? I AM GOING TO CALL MY PEDI THIS WEEK JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD ANY SUGGESTIONS!!

TashaMarie349

Asked by TashaMarie349 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is a new night time formula from Enfamil that is supposed to help babies sleep through the night. Have you tried feeding her more at night? I've noticed that if I can get my 12 wk old to eat an 8 ounce bottle in the hour before I put her to bed she will sleep through the night.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Allegedly the new Enfamil will do it...BUT...sleeping all night is actually NOT normal for infants. They're programmed to wake as a survival technique. I'd be deathly scared of SIDS in a baby that sleeps all night.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• My 10 year lod still woke up at night ftill she was around 4 and wanted a drink and a cookie or cracker and would go back to sleep. so I would say no. But hope you find the help you seek. At 7 months it is still normal!
    Anonymous

• babies wake up at night! Some just do it sooner than others. My DD is 14 months old and she just now is sleeping thru the night. My boys slept thru at 3 months. It has nothing to do with feeding and the baby will sleep thru the night when they are biologically capable of doing so. Just like some babies talk and walk before others - it's gotta be at her own pace.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• i no alot of people are neg about this idea, but unestly my pedi told me to due it bc my daughter was waken up every 2 hrs to eat!. and it is to put cereal in the bottle, it takes them longer to drink it to warn you, but it keeps them fuller longer, my daughter will sleep 6-8hrs fine now
    Anonymous