do you know how much money your husband makes?

do you know the details of the finances, or do you leave it up to him?

marilyn623

Asked by marilyn623 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• I know all the details. He is very organized with his money, has a budget that he tracks on these complicated spreadsheets. I find it annoying, but he said if he didnt do that we wouldnt have our own house and cars, we would prolly throw money away and be broke.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 10:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• How much-Not Enough!
    I take care of all the finances. Which isn't always a good thing, becuase if he had to do it he wouldn't have a clue as what to do or where to start. But on the other hand we would be bankrupt if he was doing it. Bad situation.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Yes, I know down to the penny how much he makes. He has always know how much I have made too. We share it all.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:26 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• We know everything about each others finances right down to having memorized each others social security and various PIN numbers. I set up our filing system in our home office, and we both pay the bills.

We have also ALWAYS had "yours, mine and ours" bank accounts--I think couples should have a little "free spending" money that doesn't need to be "questioned" or accounted for! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• yep......exactly like sleeping beauty
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Yes, he deposits it and then I take control of it, lol. He wants nothing to do with the finances. I do the budget, pay the bills and give him his cash for the week. Once in awhile, about 3 times a year, I go over everything with him, due dates, passwords and such so if anything happens to me that is not totally clueless.
    Anonymous

• Of course! I cannot imagine being married and not knowing about the finances! I am the bill payer anyway, so I write all the checks and manage the accounts.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Yea I know how much he makes. We have a joint account, I do all of the bills. I think it's silly to keep it seperate.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I know exactly what he makes and what bills are due with that paycheck. He has always done all the finances and I wouldnt have it any other way. I would be lost and he is really good at it.
    Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Yep know it all. We know each other's pin #'s. I set the budget, but we go over it together to make sure we're getting what we need and putting as much as we can into savings. If I ramdomly make a purchase more than 200 (rarely) I let him know and he does the same.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 10:38 PM on Mar. 14, 2010