There was an answer to a question that said they have yours ours and mine accounts.

How much of the money goes into which account and how much 'free' money should one have or put aside each pay?
I like these ideas.

QandA

Asked by QandA at 10:30 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• we have joint household accounts, but each fortnight we get a small amount paid into a private account each and that is ours to do whatever we want. For us it is $50 au , prob about $30 US . But it is enough to feel like you can go have coffee with a friend without feeling guilty or to save up for something that you want. We both get the same , my DH smokes so he has to pay for that himself, as I don't think it's fair that that comes out of the household money. His choice where he spends it
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I am sure the ours account gets enough money to cover the bills, then some goes into savings and then then whatever is left is split between the two. One may get more because that partner needs to buy lunches or whatever.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• We have all joint accounts. It just feels like we are not really a couple if we don't. So we have cash, an 'allowance' if you will, that we are not accountable to the other for and it is in cash.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Hubby's income goes in his account, mine goes in my account. We each pay certain bills and put a portion into a joint account that we make investments from.

Our indiviual accounts have rights of survivorship on them with the other designated as beneficiary.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• we have a joint chequing, savings and US dollar account. We're in Canada so the US goes in a separate account because of the exchange rate and its nice to have US money for the possible trip to disneyland one day.

I have a chequing account

all three of our girls each have a savings account, and they share a joint US dollar account (we're in Canada)

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• We pay the bills, we both get $300 per month for spending and then the rest goes to savings.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 2:33 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• joint account and we pay the bills.. if he works over he gets his overtime and if i get extra than the normal then i get mine.. but that rarely happens
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 7:26 AM on Mar. 15, 2010