How much does it cost to get your wisdom teeth out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Health

• Call an oral surgeon. The last time I paid I had to dish out $500 and that was with insurance paying 60% of it. (years ago)
    Anonymous

• It depends. You can call around and they will tell you. I just had one pulled and it was $140. BUT if they had had to surgically remove it it would have been $241. But at a Dent-u-save (I kid you not) that I went to a few years ago (when we were REALLY broke) to get my bottom ones removed it was only $200 to get both out. BUT you GET what you PAY FOR! They were AWFUL. The recovery took FOREVER and they were VERY unprofessional :( Good luck!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• My dd recently had four errupted wisdom teeth removed by our oral surgeon and it came to over a thousand dollars. Our insurance didn't pay anything at all not for wisdom teeth removal cause not infection not filling or cleaning. But they would have paid to fill cavities way way back there. Go figure.
    Anonymous

• I got my bottom two taken out, since they were impacted and one was abscessing. It was around $900 for the tooth removal and than another $300 for the anesthesia, and that was out of pocket, no insurance.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 8:37 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I had all 4 removed. 2 were already out and 2 were impacted and it cost me $674 for all 4 including anesthesia and I did not go through or claim it on my insurance. I went to the local college for dentistry and scheduled an appointment. I'm an alumnus of LSU and as an alumnus we have the benefit of being seen and worked on by other college students, so I went to the LSU school of Dentistry to have mine removed. College students studying dentistry remove them and are overseen by an oral surgeon. Local oral surgeons who have their own practice wanted $1200-1700 to remove all 4, I said screw that.

If you have a dental school or dental college in your area check with them first because it's a heck of a lot cheaper. It might take a month or so to get in, but it's worth it.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 10:10 AM on Mar. 15, 2010