Toddler Bed?!?!?!?!?!

My 2 1/2 year old daughter keeps climbing out of her crib! There is nothing for her to climb out onto, she just simply climbs out and come running into our room. She did it 14 times tonight before she got tired and fell alseep. Her crib converts into a toddler bed, which we are coverting over tomorrow, but it isn't going to prevent her from running around all night when everyone is trying to sleep. It has gotten so bad that we have put alarms and locks on EVERY door and window just in-case she wants to get out of the house. What do i do? I'm missing a lot of much-needed sleep because of this. I have read to her, talked to her, gave her har fav. bear, sang to her, lol.....i even tried reasoning with her. WHAT DO I DO???? WHAT CAN I DO??????? I'm losing it here, and hubby isn't too far behind!

misskrissie

Asked by misskrissie at 11:23 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• get one of those child proofing door knob covers and put it on the inside of her her door and shut it. as long as there's nothing in her room that can hurt her, don't worry about it. She may fall asleep playing in the floor a few times, but that's OK.
    Also, it helps if you get rid of any night lights or other light sources in her room at night. The less she can see, the less likely she'll get up and play.
    Anonymous

• either put up a tough child gate that cant be climbed or close her door. either way she will not like it at first, but this is a clear power struggle!
    Anonymous