Best way to lose weight when you're a full time Mom

I just became a single Mom....no fun but it's true...he's 7 months and i really need to lose weight..how can i do this?

LogansMama09

Asked by LogansMama09 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• start taking him for walks around a park or to a park. try the wii fit while he's asleep or playing with toys or dad
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I always used my little guy as a weight lol. He's too big now, but he loved it. Up, down, left, right lol. Plus the weight grows with you :)
    MoMmY2APrince85

Answer by MoMmY2APrince85 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• well i recently made some small changes to the way i eat that seem to be working and is relatively easy. i replaced all my white flour products with wheat and whole grain ones (cereal, rice, bread, etc) i also bought plenty of crystal light bc i dont like unflavored water very often, i dropped sodas and only have a diet once or twice a week. i try to eat between 1500-1800 calories each day and make sure my snacks and sweets are sugar free (pudding, ice cream) or less than 120 cals a serving. i also bought smaller plates and bowls to help with portions bc i was always an over eater, now i try to stop as soon as im not hungry and fill up on water and fruit!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:04 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• change your diet, eat healthy foods - fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean meats - limit your dairy and red meat intake.

eliminate the 'white' foods - sugar, potatoes, rice, bread...flour

drink water - ditch the juice, pop and other stuff.

what does being a single mom have to do with losing weight?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I would start with simple changes.

Don't buy junk food

Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.

Cut way back on, or eliminate, meat and dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 5:37 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• you just need to workout while baby is sleeping. Or while baby is happy. You COULD use WII Fit as another poster suggested, but its not that spectacular of a workout, the workouts are to short and you stop to often so your not really getting your heart rate going. I would look into more of a home workout DVD, biggest loser has some good ones. I'm doing P90X right now, it's kickin my butt, but for that you need like an hour 1/2 everyday. If you can't afford to buy any dvd's or a WII, then you could also just youtube workout videos and just workout and watch from your computer for free :)
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 12:07 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Weight watchers, you can do it online.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• If you want a healthy way to lose weight and keep it off, consider nutritional cleansing. I lost 18 lbs and kept it off for over 7 months now. You can read more here:

http://planned-diet.com/?s=isagenix&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

or contact me at simplecleansing@gmail.com if you want more info
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 5:06 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I totally understand where you're coming from. And especially being a single mom, its hard to find time to actually do it. Replace everything you drink with nothing but water. I got my mother(who is a Mountain Dew ADDICT) to stop for 3 months and she lost 19 lbs! It is the only true thing that will quench your thirst when you are thirsty. All if the sugars and carbonation in processed drinks dry your mouth out and make your even thirstier in the long run. MAKE SURE YOU ARE EATING A FULL BREAKFAST EVERY SINGLE MORNING. I have never liked eating breakfast, but when I started, it totally changed my eating habits and I found that I had a TON of more energy throughout the day. Finally, make sure you are eating 6 small meals a day-cut back what you normally eat at each meal just a fraction and eat small snacks in between each meal.
    knisaa2

Answer by knisaa2 at 10:19 AM on Mar. 20, 2010