If he really wanted to see me, wouldn't he make the 6 hrs trip instead of expecting me to?

I have this friend that I used to go to school with, we recently started talking again. My problem is that I have never driven out of town alone and have only done it about 5 times with a friend... I told him this. In the beginning he said he would come down here but now all he talks about is me going up there to visit him. I am afraid to drive alone and afraid to drive in city traffic... where I live, there is hardly any traffic and that is what I am used to. Should I tell him I'm afraid or just make excuses why I won't go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• i say if u really want to see him, u should make the trip as well as him. he shouldnt be the only one driving 6 hours to visit, thats not fair. also u have to get over your rears of driving long distances. 6 hours is a long time, but if u plan well, and leave early enough to make 2 or 3 stops for food, gas, stretching etc, then u should be ok. if u have a good cell phone, u have access to emergency help and most phones have gps. or u both could meet up half way and spend a few days in a motel!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I'd tell him the truth, if he's really a friend he'll probably understand. since he's a guy I can't guarantee that he won't laugh, they do when they don't know what else to say-
    but I would DEFINITELY tell him the truth. If he gets unkind about it, then to heck with him.

good luck!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Tell him the truth.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 11:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Thanks ladies... It's not only the fear of driving in the city, but being alone on my drive... it's a long drive with very few stops and no cell phone service for almost the whole trip. Plus, there are some crazy people in this world and I worry about that too... especially if I break down or something and I have no cell phone service.

I think I will go ahead and telling him the truth... thanks again for your answers.

OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• You are a smart girl, I hope my daughters are that smart when they grow up. There really are predators out there looking for young women all alone. You really would be putting yourself in danger. Good luck with the guy. And always be honest. It is so annoying when people make excuses or lie.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:39 AM on Mar. 15, 2010