Kleptomania~

I read this is a mental disorder...not just a moral issue as I had thought...does anyone have experience with this or know someone who has? Do people who have this disorder have any integrity in other areas of their life? Like do they also cheat on their so's, income taxes, etc..just try and get away with whatever thay can get away with, are they typically dishonest...is that generally how these people operate or am I way off base?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The people that I know (and work with) that have this disorder are special needs and do not have the comprehension of consequences.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:00 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• as far as i know its like a form of OCD, they just have impulses to steal. i dont know how far that goes as far has just plainly being dishonest but i do know that they do it for the rush and thrill and not bc they need or want to stuff they take
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:58 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• My stepsister was a klepto, she would come over to visit her Dad and every time my Mom had to go through her stuff before she left to pull all my clothes and jewelry out, even my underwear! She stole from stores, eventually she stopped stealing. As far as I know, she never had any kind of counseling or rehab, she just learned as she grew up. It doesn't help that her mother stole from stores in front of her and was a druggie. The majority of the time I got along with her great though, she wasn't typically dishonest, only when it came to putting my things into her dufflebag. She turned into a responsible adult and no she doesn't cheat on taxes, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Mar. 15, 2010