Do you go to the doctor every time you get a sore throat?

I have the most horrible throat pain right now. It could be tonsillitis, strep throat, I don't know. Both my kids were sick last week with low grade fever, coughing and runny nose, took them to the doctor, all the doctor said is that they have ear infections and prescribed antibiotics. Now they are both fine but I am sick. I don't have time to go to the doctor and I haven't taken antibiotics for 10+ years, even though I get sore throat every now and then.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Health

• I used to because I got strep so often, but I don't anymore because they just tell me I have a sore throat and to go home and rest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Nope I don't. I am actually suffering from a sore throat right now. The only time I go to the doctor's is when it's white or pussy. Other then that I just drink lots of fluid, pay attention if I've got nasal drainage and be on my way. But I don't like going to the Dr's so I have to be on my death bed most of the time.
    ChevyGurl79

Answer by ChevyGurl79 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Not usually, it has to be really bad. try gargling with salt water.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 7:15 AM on Mar. 15, 2010