husbands family treats me like shhiiittt

my husband called his sis and asked her if it was ok to throw our daughter turning 1 a bday at her house and she said yes of course(thinks of our baby as her own) ..her daughter has a son that was turning 4 same bday and we asked them if it was okay to combine our bdays of course they said yes.. we went half on food and they keept buggin us if we were gonna get her, her own cake we said of course we already ordered it and yet they kept asking they wanted us to go half on jumper and wanted us to buy a pinata but we didnt want to cuz she doesnt know about all that so wat was the point we only wanted to get her a cake and sing and thats it of course he got her princess decor and his sis kept telling me how it was gonna b her party to and for me not to feel weird thats we get her and invite anybody to her house.....they day of the party came and as soon as we got their they had already decorated the one table they had

delialayla

Asked by delialayla at 12:33 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• never do this again,double parties are the dumbest thing to do,unless its for twins one kid always misses out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• and one of his sis daughter was being a bitch and said we could bring a table and put her stuff outside made me mad... we asked if they had tape to hold the decor and she said go bring it its outside and was being so rude .....and his whole family was ignoring me and my daughter i fealt so bad that i went off outside and cryed (no one saw me cry) and my husband saw me and asked wat was wrong and i told him and he said his cousin and he fealt the same way .....i mean they would pass write by me and not even say hi and his family always hugs to say hi.... even his brother girl (which they talk crap and dont like) they were all kissing her ass i felt so bad especially for my baby cuz she is so friendly she would just smile at everyone wanting them to pay attention she even started dancing ..my husbands sis also pushed my baby away ...my baby walked toward her and grabbed her leg and wanted her to pick her up and she jus pushed
    delialayla

Answer by delialayla at 12:40 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• her away ....they were all just looking at me and ignoring me....when it was time for her presents she only got about 5 which i didnt care but i just though why would u only bring one gift for onlly one of them knowing their are two birthday partys...and they ppl i thought liked her didnt even bring her anythin .....before we had a kid my husband was always i mean always buyin they kids presents for everything i just thought it woulda been nice to have received a least a card.... the other bday boy got like 20 or even more i just think why would they say yes to us if they really didnt want us throwing her a bday party over there that for me opened my eyes for who even like or cares about my baby and i saw alot of fake family.......the whole bday i didnt even talk to anyone i was so hurt ....but im not letting them bring us down i just wish we had real family
    delialayla

Answer by delialayla at 12:48 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Throw another party that is only for people who love your daughter, even if its really small, feel the love and start the healing process.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:16 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Hugs! I think the only good part about the party was your daughter was too young to realize that the other birthday child was in the limelight, while she was kind of overlooked. It does hurt to see your own child pushed aside and overlooked, and it sure as heck hurts to be snubbed and treated like crap. It does make me wonder about the invitations to the family--- were they told it would be a joint party? Maybe some of them did not realize that it was for 2 birthday kids. I think it would be a very good idea to not do a joint party with her again. Next time have your own party and invite the people who really matter or are really important to your daughter.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:11 AM on Mar. 15, 2010