who else has mortons neuroma?

I've had several coritson injections and will be having yet another. Just wondering if there are other sufferers out there.

lich663

Asked by lich663 at 12:44 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Health

• my sister had a lot of problems with plantar fasciatis, too. That's one that I know some acupuncturists may be able to help with, but I don't think neuromas fall under that alternative therapy, too --it's not quite the same as plantar fasciatis. New Balance are suppose to be good make sure they're right for you personally. Your job is definitely a weight-bearing job.. that's got to be rough on your feet all right. Any way you might be able to switch to the business end.. opening a medical office cleaning service of your own.. or switching to the administrative side in the company you work for? Going back to your line of work post-op would be hard. I know this is the worst economical time to consider a job switch, though. Numb hands & feet, huh.. I wouldn't wait 3 mos to see your Chiro... sounds like a pinched nerve, slipped disc, whatnot --right up a Chiro's alley (& maybe they'll know something to recommend feetwise.
    wymom94

Answer by wymom94 at 8:04 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• My sister had surgery for this on both feet (at the same time.. not advisable) yrs ago. Injections didn't work for her, although I think she's had to go back once since surgery for one and that helped. She stopped wearing heels and pointed shoes back when she had the surgery and adjusted what types of sports & exercise she partakes in, to make sure she wouldn't need another surgery someday (she actually had two surgeries.. her first one was botched --if you ever end up with surgery, shop around and take your time choosing the podiatrist or surgeon you end up using).
    wymom94

Answer by wymom94 at 3:27 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• have you tried custom fit orthotics? have you tried a chiropractor?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:46 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• a chiropractor for feet? Never heard of it. I go to one every 6 months for my back but never my feet. The cortisone shots are working less and less now. I watched a mortons neuroma surgery on utube. um....no. I dont want another shot neither so for now, I'm putting up with the pain. I don't know what to do. Recovery is 6-8 weeks and that's alot of time out of work.
    lich663

Answer by lich663 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• a chiropractor is a dr. of the nervous system. your nervous system controls everything your body does. your chiropractor would love to talk to you about this! the nerves that run down to your feet exit your spine from your lower back. i am sure your chiropractor would be able to discuss this with you too!
    i would try anything before surgery!
    good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• recovery may be longer, depending on how surgery goes.. something to keep in mind. My sister needed round the clock care b/c she had both done at once.. I'd not go that route if you end up with surgery. I'd definitely wear proper shoes, SAS brand is one that might be helpful to you, but there are others (with cuter styles). The shoes you wear and the activities you do in them matter significantly. I"m not sure a chiropractor would help since neuromas originate in the foot/toes and are due to compression on the feet (weight-bearing), but you never know. I'd personally rather seea foot specialist who deals with neuromas almost daily, a podiatrist or foot & ankle surgeon who specializes in neuromas (more likely than a chiro who specializes in neuromas, I'd think -but again you never know). Have you asked your doc why you ended up w/ these, since not everyone does?~~~that may help in figuring out which path to take.
    wymom94

Answer by wymom94 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I've been seeing my podiatrist every 6 months for the past 3 years with plantar issues and now this which has been a problem on and off for 2 years. This will be my 3 shot from him and I've had others from pervious podiatrists. My last shot was in January which is telling me it's not working anymore. I also have a bruise like appearance on the top of the foot now. I wear New balance wide shoes because he told me I need to wear those. Basically he told me as long as I have my job, I will continue dealing with this. I clean medical offices so I'm on my feet for 8 hours every night. I know I need the shot or even surgery...I just cant be out of work that long-it's crazy! I'm nervous to make the call and then I think he will just give me another shot and I'm good for another 3 months? I plan on seeing my chiropractor in a month or two since I have pulled muscles throughout my whole back causing numb hands and feet
    lich663

Answer by lich663 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2010