was my doctor wrong?

i went to the doctor today bcuz my daughter had a lump on her neck and being my first kid i got scared..so i went ot the doc waited about an hour and 30 minutes he didnt even have but 2 other patients ...he came in said where is the lump i said her neck she just felt it really quick and said its normal i said but wat is it doc said its normal its normal okay bye..i said i have a question my baby is one does she need shots he said make an appointment said okay ...i said i have another question she 1 and i dont know how to start giving her whole milk or if its okay...he said make another appointment we not gonna talk about that u make an appointment for shots and another for the milk mquestion.... he said ohhh she 1 already and snached a paper from my hand and them gave it back and said ok bye..went to the front desk nurse said ok bye..i said need an app. for shots ..she saidwell why were u here today i said something else she

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• said well we dont have nothin till the end of april and she didnk even check her computer and said do u still want to make an app. and i just said forget it and left all mad? should i change doctor and should i report him for just wanting to make me go just for a question to just charge my insurance?
    delialayla

Answer by delialayla at 1:03 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• heeeeeeck no,you change doctors now.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:06 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I would change doctors right away and yes tell your insurance compnay what he is pulling, he is tryng to get more money out of the deal. A doctor like that does not have your childs best interest in mind. I have dropped doctors for having bad attitudes, you need to be comfortable with your doctor, they should have a good relationship with you and your child not this assembly line type of attitude.

I went through 5 pediatricians before we found ours and every one of her partners is wonderful as well. Any time i call the receptionist is helpful, the nurses call me to follow up and if i have questions they take the time to answer it or they call me back after talking with my doctor. I can call that office anytime and know someone will help me or answer any question and they are not rude about it. Just remember the doctor works for you, you do not have to take crap from them.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:10 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• sounds like he is trying to get more money from the insurance. I would try to find a different doctor. One time we went to our doctor for something other than a checkup and we were a week away from that appointment and she said, lets save you on a co-pay and just do the checkup now. You need someone who is more caring and will answer ALL your questions.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 1:20 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• i had to print out a chart that shows what shot and when she needs them because i have to remind the doctor>......i also throught that was so weird
    delialayla

Answer by delialayla at 1:22 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• You have to remind the doctor? Not only is that weird that would be a huge red flag, the doctor should be keeping records and should also be reviewing the chart before the appt or when he first walks in the room. My doctor will walk in and pull up my childrens charts on her laptop, she will ask questions even before she looks at the chart (she has a great memory and remembers the kids) She will also go back and ask if we are still having any problems with something from a previous visit if she notices anything that might be ongoing. Change doctors fast!
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:51 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• thanks for the advise i thought i was just me
    delialayla

Answer by delialayla at 1:57 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• That Dr. sounds like a dick! I would NOT return and spread the word so other parents know too. Also, I would get a second opinion about the lump on her neck asap. Let the new Dr. know what happened at your baby's last appointment as well. Often they will communicate their disapproval with the previous Dr.
    If it makes you feel better, I met with 3 peds before I found one that was great!
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:00 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• i would get another doc and report that doc to the insurants company asap. that doc cares only about the money and nothing else. and why in the owrld would you hvae to be reminding the doc about shots. it should all be on record and not only that the doc should be doing a very through check up and explaining why it isnt a concern and what it is. get a new doc that guy doesnt sound like he should even be practicing. i only had to go to one pedi and i stuck with him he is the best matter of fact when my daughter needed a check up and we were out of state caring for a family memeber we drove over 2000 miles just for that check up. he never misses a thing and even catches things me and my husband don' t. that the kind of pedi you need.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 2:02 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I'd definitely find a new doctor. He's sounds like an uncaring idiot... My doctor is always willing to answer questions, doesn't rush me and I can almost always get a same day appt for sick visit. (She's part of a practice so sick visits aren't always with our doctor but I've been happy with the others as well.)
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2010