Shettles for gender selection?

I know it's not a guarantee but has anyone tried this or know if it works at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't know about that but I heard that mission style gets you a girl and doggie style gets you a boy... we put it to the test and it worked for us!!! Good luck, have fun!! =)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• It has always made sense to me, maybe if you describe it you will get more responses. I knew the details of the method but not the name and had to google it. Male (Y) sperm are faster but more fragile than female (X) sperm. Further, acidic environments harm Y sperm. In order to have a boy insemination should occur as close as possible to the moment of ovulation so that the faster, Y-sperm arrive first and achieve conception, according to the theory. When seeking a girl insemination the couple should seek to have sex 2½ to 3 days before ovulation. It obviously also depends largely on a woman's ability to predict her ovulation correctly. Google search said that proponents say it is 75-90 percent effective but a 1995 study in the journal of NE Medicine said for practical purposes timing of intercoarse doesn't work. I'd say its worth a shot but don't be disappointed if it doesn't work! Good luck.

Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 4:49 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• If you watched SIZING UP SPERM on National Geographic it would EXPLAIN everything about SPERM..
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 12:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Both of my kids were conceived 2 days before ovulation. I have a boy and a girl.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2010