Would you get offended if your husband said he'd like you to lose some weight, or told you you needed to start exercising, or eating healthier?

Giving that you really did need to lose some weight/exercise/eat better?
I know a lot of women get offended by this, and I don't understand why it's so horrible for your husband to let you know how he feels about it. I understand if he's making fun of you, that's wrong, but I'm talking about him suggesting it or just giving his opinion. I mean, if you really need to do one, or all of those things, why do some get so offended when their husband gives his opinion on it? It's something my husband and I discuss, and I've never gotten offended because if I'm overweight or if I'm eating junk food too much, and not exercising enough, I'm going to be saying it myself, so I don't really see why it's any differentt when my husband states the obvious too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, my husband will tell me that now and then...I weigh 125 lbs. It may be more then vanity that your husband wants you to lose weight. Like health issues. Consider the idea that he wants you around for the rest of his life. Not to die of a heart condition or diabetes at 50. Skinny people can have health risks as well if they don't eat right and exercise.

Even if my husband told me to lose weight for vanity reasons, I would still try to. But have open communication. That doesn't offend me, but It may offend someone else. Just make sure you both understand each other.
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 2:27 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I'm thin but I do need to exercise and eat healthier. Weight isn't the only indication of health. I'd actually like him to push me to do that a little and do it with him. He needs to do all three, to a greater degree than I do. His mom has said such flat out to him and he was offended, but it hasn't spurred him to any action yet. I might feel a little offended, honestly, because aren't we all sensitive about the way we look and live. But, hopefully I would still understand that it was a suggestion out of love (you want your partner to be healthy and live a long time with you).
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:09 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I guess I can't get offended if he did it to me since I do it to him. Mostly I'm on him about his eating habits. It seems like he is always eating so I am always on him about how many snacks he eats (usually unhealthy stuff too.) I do it out of concern and if I needed it I feel it would be fair for him to do such to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• It would reallly depend on how he were to say it. If hubby were telling me in a loving way I would not get angry but if he was being snotty about it I would be livid.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 2:17 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• He's never do that (he has admitted to sabotaging my eating habits/diet because he likes me the way I am) and if he did I'd just laugh in his face because he's not one to point fingers. He's no where near as big as me but eats way worse and has put on a good 25-30lbs over the last few years (because of being laid up with a bad back and having surgery a couple years ago). He could use some exercise and better eating habits. The amount of salt he puts on stuff makes me gag and he'll eat ice cream for dinner instead of something nutritious.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:21 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I'd be thrilled if he wanted to join me. I can't even get him to ease off on the fatty stuff.
    At our age (60's). he said "Honey, you should wold look good if you lost some weight" I would agree and ignore him.
    empatheticnana

Answer by empatheticnana at 2:27 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• No it doesnt make me mad. I wish my husband would tell me more often
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:54 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• no I was not offended, because I know it's true. and he's gone and I work out hard and try and eat better and every day he tells me how proud he is of me :) he was right, exercise does make me feel better!
    hippiemamaof2

Answer by hippiemamaof2 at 3:51 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• No I would not get offended. I love to look good for my husband. Some women need to definitely get their bodies back in shape after they have childen. I can't stand when people say that they are fat because they had children. Ummm no after your child is 1 years old, that is not baby fat, that is YOUR fat. Seriously, I hate when women try to blame their children for messing up their body...you are pregnant for 9 months...not a lifetime, lmao!
    NunyaUnya

Answer by NunyaUnya at 3:54 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• No, I told him from the beginning to do so...I don't want to wonder if he is still attracted to me when I feel like I am gross.
    As long as he doesn't say anything, I know he is alright with how I look and I feel comfortable in my own skin.
    bellaamore

Answer by bellaamore at 4:14 AM on Mar. 15, 2010