Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice

I have been in a relationship with my sons father for 5 yrs. I was 17 when we got 2gether . i am not in love with him and havent been for months. Everytime I try to get away from him he always does something to get me back. I recently gave up my car, job, and apt to move to fl to start a new life and stay with a friend but a few weeks later he calls me and we start talking again and now i am back where i started but this time i have no car,job, or apt and i am so unhappy.We are currenlty at a hotel since we been back from fl and we do is yell are lease is up in a few days and now he wants to get a apt and we DONT get along. I started my own business a few months ago and its starting to do good but not good enought to get my own apt or car yet. I want to know should i go back to florida or move with my mother(who is not very stable) i just want a new start and to be happy but i dont no where to start or what to do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • Read your question, all of your language points to what you think. What you think appears to be that you are unhappy with him and unstable with your mother and that you were happy in Florida. Read your question and ask yourself what would you tell a stranger with this question. You have made it clear with your question that you don't want to be with him and you would rather be on your own. The only thing I would add is what is best for your son? Is he a good father? Could you find a way to live separately but close enough that son and father can have a relationship?

    Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:13 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

  • Do you get along with all the other roommates you seem to think about moving in with? If he's not abusive I'd stay until I saved up to get out or I'd get on govt housing and get out and not depend on others to take care of you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

  • Well, for starters ,when you leave him to live somewhere else, and he calls you to talk, don't hang on the phone too long just talk to him for 10 minutes or so, and then say your busy and that you have to go, that way you won't ignor him ,and he still talks to you. Or when ever he starts talking about you and him , tell him you got to go, And he'll soon get the hint. and leave you alone at least in that sort of way. Maybe you two can still remain friends for your son's

    Answer by incarnita at 9:53 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.