Does anyone still give their 2 year old babyfood jars?

My son loves the vegetable food jars. I feel him regular meals, and give them to him as snacks to ensure he gets his vegetables for the day.

Anyone else do this?

cloud144

Asked by cloud144 at 2:21 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ummm no..lol..i stopped giving her baby food when she was 1..i get where you're comin from tho...and think its a great idea,as long as thy get eaten, who cares what shape or form they come in!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:30 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Never even thought of it! Thats a great idea though. Talk about a healthy snack!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:46 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Yes, i do for the same reason also with fruit because he is super werid with food. He will eat chicken mostly but with veggies and fruit i use the jars just so i know he is getting what he needs. Also i give him "my frist flintstones" multivitamins for 2 and 3 year olds i got them at walmart :) your not alone with the jar foods, hey as long as your child is eatting healthy who care if its jar foods as long a they can get reg. food also
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 2:55 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• sounds good!!!
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 4:05 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• We never used jarrred foods. By age two, your child should be eating the same foods that everyone else in the house eats.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:13 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I did. His pediatrician AND a nutritionist okayed it; they said that his diet was far more complete than the average toddler, and there was nothing wrong with it. I don't think it's uncommon for people to put pureed veggies in their kids' meals, either.

Actually, now that I've stopped giving him baby food he barely eats anything. He has sensory problems and is refusing more and more table foods. I wish I had just told everyone around me to shove it and continued giving him jarred foods - at least then I wouldn't have to worry about his diet!
    xtwistedxlovex

Answer by xtwistedxlovex at 5:59 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Never used jar food...but my son still loves mushed up avocado.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:59 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• None of my kids ever liked jarred foods to begin with. I made homemade with them all and got them spoiled!! And my son has a texture issue. He LOVES things with chunks. So even now, I doubt he'd eat it. However, if it works, it works. Awfully expensive, though.
    squeegeatc

Answer by squeegeatc at 8:02 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I use the jarred foods I got from WIC and from my mother who insisted on buying baby food every time she came to visit, in things like pancakes. I can make fruit pancakes and sneak in veggies as well. :D

My son only ate them until he was about 10 months, and my daughter never really liked them. They both got this attitude that as soon as they had any teeth (like my daughter, she only has three at the moment) that they were too good for baby food and if they didn't have to chew it and/or feed themselves, they weren't eating it. Quite frankly, it's a pain in the arse because there's only so much you can eat with 3 teeth!
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 8:30 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I do. I keep some jars of fruit that are off season. My son loves the first and second stage jars.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 8:31 AM on Mar. 15, 2010