Did you take yoga while pregnant?

And was it with a group of pregnant women or just a regular yoga class? Because I'm taking a regular yoga class and I'm wondering if it's safe or if I should take one that's specifically designed for pregnant women?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 2:35 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i do hours ofvhard cardio and strength training and my baby is totally healthy, so am i, and doc approved my exercise routine because that how i worked out b4 i got pregnant...anyway if i can do that, you can do normal yoga :)
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:48 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I wasn't living where I could take any formal classes when I was pregnant. But I'd already been doing it for a number of years by that time so I didn't need the classes to be able to do a practice on my own.

Most of the postures should be fine, but I'd check with your instructor on their opinion. It's been so long I can't remember, I do know that if a woman is on her period, she should not do any of the inverted moves.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 4:10 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• There is a Yogo Workout video designed specifically for pregnant women. The lady in the video has several yoga videos out and she made one while she was pregnant.

You can look at the detailed info on this video on my website.

www.beachbodycoach.com/teamjacobs

Go to SHOP / FITNESS PROGRAMS / Yoga Booty Ballet

YBB Baby on the Way is the one you are looking for .... it's the 5th one down. Click on View Detail for description on the video.

Yoga Booty Ballet creator Teigh McDonough shares her pregnancy workout for expectant mothers. Get strong, healthy, centered, and ready for your special delivery.

Message me if you need more info or help.
    Good Luck!
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 1:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2010