is it a bad thing to allow my 5 yr old to use mens body wash?

My son loves the smell of his dad's body wash, which is either, AX or Nivea body wash for men. He says he smells "handsome" he doesn't show signs of irritation on his skin or anything. If I had it my way he'd still be using babywash, lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• nooo..i think its cute!! my nephew does the same thing...hes 6..i actually bought him his own axe body wash for christmas, he absolutely LOVED it!!!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:02 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• i think its cute, but id be a bit cautious about not just the irritation. just make sure he dosent think that smells or looks= handsome. as long as he understands that, i say go for it, but personally, id find a axe one or something for 'sensitive' skin and make it his 'special' bottle just for him!
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 4:27 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I think its fine... and really cute!
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 4:48 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• You can check the safety of the ingredients here: http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 5:15 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• It seems like it would be fine....just don't be surprised if he has some girl admirers ;)
    Mrsphillips777

Answer by Mrsphillips777 at 6:45 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• My kids do. They are 5 and 9. They even ask for a squirt of "Man Spray" sometimes. My husband is deployed and left a can of his Ax body spray. I think they like to smell like Dad. It's very, very sweet if you ask me :)
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 7:14 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• If it's not irritating his skin or drying it out, I don't see a problem with it. The adult body washes are formulated a little differently than the stuff for kids, but as long as it's not bothering him, more power too him. It's kinda cute. :D
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 8:28 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• my four year old uses daddy's soap so he "smells like a man"
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:32 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• my 6 yr old uses daddy's body wash too. As long as its not irritating his skin, its all good.... honestly sometimes I use it to cuz it smells like my husband.. and I love the way he smells.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 10:37 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• My 8yo son has been using my husband's Old Spice body wash for over a year now. He prefers it to smelling like fruit and flowers (which is what mine and the kids' stuff smells like). My husband just picked up more and made sure to get the kind for hair, too, because he's been using the body wash to wash his hair, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:56 AM on Mar. 15, 2010