What is your favorite thing about being a mom?

I love watching my kids and all the differences between them. I love seeing when they learn something new and their eyes light up. I guess that and their hugs and kisses are what I like best about being a mom. I need a little encouragement though. Please share what you think are some of the joys of motherhood.

minasmama6

Asked by minasmama6 at 7:02 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I love when he wakes up from a nap and he's all cuddles and hugs
    I love watching him play and discover new things
    I love teaching him how to do new things
    I love watching him develop into his own little person
    I love his little hands and toes
    I love that I can never kiss and hug him enough
    I love hearing every new word he picks up
    I love when he wants to be with his Mommy and no one else will do
    I love watching him play with his Daddy and how he perks up when Daddy comes through the door at the end of the day
    I love the little moments we share when we're tickling or cuddling or playing
    I love watching him dance
    I love watching him run
    I love watching him try to jump, but he can't get off the ground yet
    I love listening to him breath as he sleeps and watching him drift off to sleep in his bed
    I love when he likes what we're doing and he reaches over and pats me on the back

I love that It c
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:55 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Having a relationship with tree teenagers who I respect and love. I can wait to see who they turn into as adults. I love the wild ride that they give me. Fun,fun,fun. I love every stage and every silly thing they say.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:06 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• When my little one comes running in to give me hugs and kisses for no reason-- he likes to kiss the back of my hand and then kiss up my arm (like Gomez in the Aadams family tv show). I have NO idea where he picked that up from, but it is cute!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:44 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Sorry I got cut off!!

My last one was:

I love that it can be hard, but that it's always worth it.
    beckcorc

• Watching them grow into the people they are and knowing that you did your best to help them be what they are. Now I have these 4 humans who are MY family and I will have them to love for the rest of my life. They are a gift. Next, I'm gonna get to have Grandbabies :) OK, I probably have 5-10 yrs. to wait, but it will be fun!
    Shellness

Answer by Shellness at 11:19 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I am enjoying reading all these great answers! Thanks for sharing. Those are my sentiments exactly too!
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I love being the rock and glue that holds my family together, I loved their every learning experience, and all the first. I also loved having the power to mold them into responsible adults, and now sitting back and enjoying it all!

Answer by older at 2:06 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I am just getting to the point of sitting back and enjoying my older kids and still have the joys of getting the hugs and kisses from the younger ones. So, I am realizing that I am doubly blessed in that sense. Being a mom can feel like such a huge responsibility that I sometimes forget to make time to "enjoy" the place that I am at right now with my family.
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• The image of your little one giving you kisses up the arm is so cute MizLee. Yes, being a mom can be hard, but is definitely worth it...and grandbabies could be on the horizon for me too since my oldest is 22 now! Another "bonus" of being a mother. When I begin to feel " forgotten" by my older ones or have too much "attitude" from the pre-teen and teens I will remind myself of your encouraging answers. Thanks again.
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 16, 2010