Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Custody battle question...

I just received a 12 page letter from the guardian ad litem.(I don't have a lawyer, can't afford one) There are several lies made by my ex and a few of his friends/family. The G.A.L. won't change it. Already turned into the judge. Can address these false statements to the judge before the court date or even at court?

Answer Question

Asked by My3RaysofSun at 7:13 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 4 (36 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Go to Legal Aid and get help.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

  • You can, asking permission from the judge, it is up to his/her discretion whether you will be allowed to speak up, but make sure you have proof to disprove their statements.

    Answer by older at 8:22 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

  • If you cannot prove that they are false statements, you may be effed with no vaseline.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

  • Generally it will be up to the Acusser to prove his accusation, rather than up to you to disprove them, but any evidence you have to dispute the statements will certainly help. Best of luck to you

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.