Onesies and Potty Training??

Do they make onesies for 2T?

My son is in that size and he is taking his diaper off CONSTANTLY, and I wanted to get a few onesies... and guess what no 2T and I look for 18-24 months and find zip as well. He's 19 months.. and a tall boy.

Do you think he's ready to potty train? If so, how do I go about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had some onesies that were 2T, but once they started potty training, they were useless, because it was hard for them to get them off when they had to pee, and if i was helping them (when they would let me, they wanted to do everything themselves) I had to make sure I got it off quick enough because once they said they had to pee, they had to pee RIGHT NOW! lol. As far as him being ready to potty train, he may be...try introducing him to the potty and encouraging him to use it, but don't push. He will get it when he is ready. I am sorry, I only have girls, so I don't really have any other advice on how to potty train boys! Good luck!! :)
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 7:33 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Here is what I have read about signs that a child is ready to potty train (my son is the same age as yours and all I've done is introduce a potty, we haven't started any official training yet):

If your child-
    Has words for pee and poo
    Takes a nap and wakes up dry
    Knows when they have to go potty
    Shows an interest in the potty
    Shows an interest in you or your husband when either of you is using the potty

There are probably more, but I am forgetting them right now.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:49 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• my son is 3 1/2 and i just got him potty trained i hear boys take longer and when i tryed when my son was ur sons age it was just a hassel he screamed when i put him on the potty .. my mom always told me he will do it when he is ready and he sure did. just some kids wait longer than others
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• As a mother of 3 the best way to keep their diaper on if you don't want them to take it off is to duct tape it. Laugh if you want. But a piece of duct tape across the tabs and they can't get it off. Makes it hard for you to get it off, but 99% of the time they can't LOL

As for the potty training, I agree with the other moms if he is showing the signs that he is ready then introduce it, but don't let him OR YOU get frustrated by it. And you don't want them to be wearing onesies when you are potty training, it does make it more difficult
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 8:36 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• yes they make onsies for 2T I have even seen them for 4T. I don't know why a 4 year old would have a onsie on, but ya somone gave me clothes and it had a 4T onsie in there so I didn't use it for my oldest I achually used it for my 12 month old has pj's lol. But ya if you are going to potty train I wouldn't get any onsies. They are a hassle to get on and off when potty training.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:37 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Target sometimes has 24month onesies. If you are going to potty train though, I would suggest getting rid of the onesies all together! Good luck!
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 10:41 AM on Mar. 15, 2010