Sensitive Hearing help....

Okay my daughter is 4 years old and I don't know what is up with her lately. For quite a while noises have alwats bothered her. Now it has gotten worse. She screams histerically when I try to put her to bed cause of the noises which I don't even hear. She is always asking "what's that noise" almost all day of there is any small noise. I have tried ear plugs, hats and TV to put her to bed but thatr doesn'thelp. She has had her hearing checked at school and her hearing if normal and her ears are fine when the doc cheked them when she had an ear infection. I don't know what could be wrong with her. This has been going on for about a year now and the past two nights I have had to sleep on the floor so she could feel comfortable. She ends up falling alseep with her hands over her ears. Any advice?

mommyjones

Asked by mommyjones at 8:32 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I know some people much more sensitive to stimuli than others. Have your daughter evaluated by a Neurologist or Developmental Pediatrician.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 8:42 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• You might try reading the book "The Out of Sync child" to see if it might be a sensory integration issue. If it sounds like it might be the case, the book suggests next steps for evaluation.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like its a sensory issuse. Talk to her doctor about it. There are things that can help. My son was going through the same thing, well similar. But he wasn't that bad. And he got over it within a couple of months. I hope you find something that helps. Poor thing.
    CountryMom357

Answer by CountryMom357 at 2:34 AM on Mar. 16, 2010