Loser

Unbelievable, teacher writes loser on 6th grade child's assignments. He said it was a way on connecting with students. Some parents defend his method. Parent of child says she is being bullied. Would you be upset?

my2kids312

Asked by my2kids312 at 8:49 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• That is totally unacceptable!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:03 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I would be RIGHTEUOSLY pissed. Seriously?
    we need teachers who CARE and want to HELP the kids, not make fun of them or tell them they are losers. Why would you want to try if your teacher is going to call you names!? I mean If I'm such a loser-then why bother
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:31 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• WOW!
    In 6th grade the best way to 'connect' with your student is with love and encouragement. Even older students that actually think something like that could be funny (not just laughing so the teacher will think better of them) would have a hard time on a core level feeling good about being stamped a loser! It's never cool to be degrading! I would pull my child from the school and go to the media! I'm not a high drama mama either, this just really pisses me off!
    Marsella

Answer by Marsella at 11:04 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I find this totally hard to believe. As a education major, that is a NO NO. Really don't see how you can do that and keep your job very long.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:16 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• There is no way on God's green earth that I would allow the teacher to keep his job. I won't even allow my kids to call each other losers. Why anyone would consider this acceptable is beyond me. Can you imagine the damage it is doing to the kid. Pre-teens and teens are starting to learn about themselves. They are trying to figure out where they are in life, and when someone in such a high position calls them a loser, imagine what it does to their self esteem. Even though this situation is no where near us, it does affect us. If that teacher can get away with calling his students losers, think about what other teachers can get away with.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:33 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• that's so dumb of the teacher. I'd talk to the teacher (maybe even via email so I could pass on his exact words when I inevitably escalate the situation) and then pass it all on to the principal. if he's only interested in covering for the teacher, I'd go public and/or go to the school board. that is so asinine. and if he's writing that on papers, imagine what he's doing in the classroom. with all these decent people out of jobs, we should not have to stand for this. and if we could pay our teachers better, maybe we wouldn't have so many LOSERS!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I generally support teachers, being that I am one, but this one is just wrong, wrong, wrong.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2010