Anyone living in a manufactured home? Do u like it or not?

I'm in a bad loan. Should I consider remanufactured home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• My first home was a manufactured home. It was beautiful and I loved it! But the place we lived kind of screwed us. We owned the home, but rented the land it sat on. So the owners of the land raised our rent every year until we couldn't afford it anymore. We went from paying $525/mo for house and rent to $935 in just three years! So we got the hell out of dodge and sold it. Certainly don't get into a situation like that. But if I had that same home anywhere else I would take it in a minute over this regular house I'm in now.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:06 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• My Aunt lived in one. It was brand new and after 2 years it started falling apart. I would not ever buy one.
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 9:27 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I LIVE IN ONE AND ITS BEEN TWO YEARS AND ITS NOT FALLING APART ....I TAKE CARE OF MY HOUSE AND KEEP UP WITH CLEANING ETC I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! I LOVE MY HUGE GARDEN TUB ,WALKING CLOSET ETC.....I DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH ANYTHING! DD'S ROOM IS HUGE AND MY ROOM IS WAY TO BIG ......SOME PEOPLE WILL NEVER LIKE THEM THOU THEY ARE QUICK TO CUT DOWN PEOPLE WHO OWN TRAILERS.....YOU SHOULD ALSO LOOK INTO MODULAR HOMES! GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I have never lived in one, but there is one that I would love to have. I must say one of the reasons I don't REALLY consider it is because of the way other people would look at it IF they knew. The one we want is beautiful but it is $85000! Our brick house that came with land was $98,000. I have heard that some do not hold up well over the years. I also worry about the re-sale value also.
    Anonymous

• From my understanding, there are different brands. Fleetwood, Champion, Skyline. I heard the latter two are the more sturdy ones. If they are all that bad. How come there are a lot of people that have stayed in manufactured or mobile homes for years.
    So much for the stigma. What other people will think. They can think all they want...i don't really care.
    Anonymous

• We just bought a home on ten acres and it just happens to be a manufactured home, it is okay we made the purchase for the land because we know we are getting ready to build. We have looked at newer manufactured homes and they are really nice the ones we looked at were between $159,000 and $250,000, they were Clayton homes, we can have a stick built home for that price our home now is nice but we put new flooring in, new paint etc. It is not my first choice, I call it our throw away home, LOL you should look at the Clayton homes they are really nice and HUGE!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 2:28 PM on Mar. 16, 2010