My post office is a far walk away, do mail carriers still carry stamps for sale?

Or did I just have a really nice post man where I use to live?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not that I know of....but many convenience stores and grocery stores sell stamps
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• 7 11 sell one by one if you want. The deli by my house has mail service . They even put the stamp on for me.LOL.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• You can get the stamps by mail. They should have an order form with them. You send it in and they get mailed to you the next day. And yes you probably had a good mail man. They do not usually carry stamps. But I know my hubby has paid for postage for people on his route. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Stamps by mail is freakin' awesome. We have been buying them through the mail forever. There's no postage to pay, and it's pretty quick. If you don't have an order form, you can order them online and they will mail them to you.

www.usps.com

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:53 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• haha you must of had someone nice. one time i needed one extra stamp that i didnt have at the time for my envelope and she just told me that it would cost an extra whatever cents and she took it anyway. i was waiting for them to knock on my door the next day to say they wanted their money but they never did.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Mine does occasionally, but I don't ask very often so I don't know if she carries them all the time.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 12:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Most of the time, anymore, you can order them - if you need some, your deliverer should have a small envelope that you fill out, put your money in, and the next day he'll pick that up, then bring your order the day after that. I've ridden along on DH's rural route, and one time we drove up to one place and there was a regular envelope in the mailbox with a note written on the outside with what they needed and the money inside. We put a note in the box saying they'd get what they needed the next day. There was another time the person put 44cents in a baggie, stapled it to the envelope, and when we got back DH had the postmaster put a stamp on and throw it with the rest of the outgoing mail.
    Anonymous