Do your kids share a bedroom?

If so, how old are they? And how do you keep the peace?
Right now, my 2 boys share a bedroom (ages 6 and 10) because they have no choice. They are at the point where they fight before bed and wake up angry at each other! How can I divide the room and keep the peace between them?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 9:51 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My sister and I used to do that ALL THE TIME. We used tape to divide the room many times. Of course, her shit always spilled over to my side. Our parents just let us have at it. Really, they're trying to learn how to deal with people. That's one of the great things about siblings. Come up with a plan, with them, as to how they can share a room without killing each other. That plan is subject to change, often. Also talk to them about how they have to learn how to get along and why it is important.

My kids don't share a room, but they're girl (10) and boy (almost 5).
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:50 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• My boys do and they are 8 and 5. They didn't fight but play and talk till late. I just put one to bed an hour ealier and hoped that he was asleep when the other one went to bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• nope my boys have their own rooms. They did share a room but all they wanted to do was fight.
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 10:07 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I have 4 kids between 2 bedrooms but really haven't had much problem. They fight but get over it pretty quick. Right now my 9 1/2yo daughter shares with her 4yo sister. And in the other room is my 8yo son and 7yo daughter. It's only been this way since around Thanksgiving. Before that the 4yo had her own room and the 9yo was in with the other 2 (it's a very big room and I could probably fit all 4 kids in there) but there started to be issues with her behavior and taking out her anger on her siblings so I moved her to the other room so I could watch her better (the room is off the living room across from my room). It's working pretty good so far.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:10 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Mine share all their rooms, they seem to just work it out. You never really know who you are going to find where, works around here.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:16 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I have 2 bedrooms that each have 2 kids. One is shared by 8 & almost 7yo girls. The other is 3yoDS and almost 5yoDD. We really have no issues. They like sharing. Used to have all 3 girls in one room.
    Anonymous