Why do I feel this way?

I am 20 weeks pregnant with a little girl :) i have a 5 yr old son and I had a miscarrage 2 years b4 my son which still scares me sometimes but that was at 9 weeks and I am now 20 weeks... My sister lost her baby at 23 weeks due to a lazy cervix and they didn't catch it in time... I had my son with no comlications and everything went really welll... This one is going pretty good to except for the contractions that started at 13 weeks but we have them pretty much under control... I am just so cared for this little girl, I don't want anything to happen to her... Everytime I go shopping I get soo excited to buy stuff for her and have it all in hand then feel a big since of guilt and put it all back.. The day I found out it was a girl I did buy a few things but since then nothing... I feel like I am going to ginx her or something.. My husband keeps saying everything is fine and I know it is but why the guilt??? Thanks ladies

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 9:51 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• because a miscarriage is hell. pure hell. I had two successful pregnancies after mine and would not look at an ultrasound screen until my husband confirmed the baby was there. you should tell your gyno how you are feeling. they can reassure you, and possibly provide information about a group of women that has gone through this that can help you out.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:12 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• why are you having a guilt trip??? you cant help it if it happens.... and if you worry about it, you'll just stress yourself out... relax buy a few things here and there.... :)
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 10:45 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• i agree with PP. it's probably from your past miscarriage. it is a painful experience, and leaves some fear behind.

i don't think it's a big deal that you haven't bought much though. i'm 25 weeks and i've only bought my son ONE onesie. you have plenty of time.
    Anonymous