Here is a reconcilliation bill they will try and pass

2000 + pages of what they want changed and added to the Senate bill in reconcilliation. Crazy for sure and what I want to know is how the CBO can even assume they can figure costs they don't know about. They will take what Harry gives them and thats what they will go on. Who knows how much Harry will fudge to get positive numbers but to know more will be added to the bill in the end and not have to add it to estimates is criminal.

The House Budget Committee on Sunday evening released text that will serve as the base legislation for the changes the House will seek in reconcilliation to the Senate bill after it is passed this week.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/86681-house-democrats-release-reconciliation-healthcare-bill?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Morning%2BBell

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I canNOT figure out how this is in any way even legal !!

Not just the healthcare bill, but any legislation. It's legitimate to have the House vote and pass legislation, then have the Senate take it for a vote, then if there were changes made both houses of Congress must vote on it again. That's sensible. That means that the legislation they finalize has been truly, legally voted into law by our Congressional representatives.

But there is no WAY it is legal to change legislation AFTER it's been voted on ! Why bother with a vote in the first place if the sections and words and attachments to other laws is all moot?!

In the healthcare bill, there are hundreds of spots where important points are left up to the unknown Health Care Director. ... I tried VERY hard to see just how much $$ and WHO would be paying what kinds of penalties. It was impossible to do so. NOT because the bill is so big, but because IT ISN'T IN THERE YET.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 10:42 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• They will pass you mean
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Then if it does pass I hope the one's who want it done this way will get hit the hardest with fine's or taxes.That will serve their butt's right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Call your representatives and let them know how you feel about this. I called mine and told them that this is a shame. You have to speak up and loudly.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• If the healthcare bill passes the house and I keep hoping it doesn't then the house wants to pass this reconciliation thing. They will and then they cross their fingers and hope the Senate passes it too. I will be laughing when the Senate won't pass it which I guarantee will happen. They only have to have 51 votes but bear in mind this bill is a "fix" for the bill they passed and liked. This will take out the Cornhusker Kickback, Gator Aid, Louisiana Purchase..all of it. IF they insist on pushing this through in a completely partisan manner than they have to white knuckle it and hope they can come to some sort of agreement within their own party
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 3:50 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Unfortunately, what I've heard, is if they can't get the votes in the House, they will just vote on the Senate bill that ALREADY passed on Christmas Eve! Currently they are trying to pass the House version to MERGE with the Senate version, but in the end, all they really need to do is use and vote on the SAME one that passed the Senate.

Like another poster said, I hope those who want it at ANY cost, get what they wished for---because it ain't gonna be pretty!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2010