Weight loss and severe weakness

Ok, I do understand with pregnancy, your body changes dramatically. However, I have lost 15 lbs between weeks 12-16 and I feel so weak. Im taking my vitamins, eating plenty of healthy foods, and drinking 10 glasses of water a day. Also, my lower back, left of my tail bone has severe pain, just on one side when I walk...any ideas?

Blueyz1981

Asked by Blueyz1981 at 10:03 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• what has your dr said about your weight loss?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:17 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• are you gaining weight yet? were you a normal weight pre conception?
    you can see a chiropractor for the back pain.
    hopefully, you have discussed weight and nutritiion with your dr.
    weakness would make sense...your body lost weight, quickly, and your body is putting a lot of energy into building your baby.
    good luck to you and your baby!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Well the pain sounds like a pinched siatic nerve, but it would seem a bit early to me for you to have that pain. Weight loss and extream faitug is very common the first trimester, but It would be best taht you speak to your ob or midwife. They could check your bloodpressure, and give you a full work up to make sure that you are okay.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 10:30 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I'd definately call your doctor. Excessive sudden weight loss and weakness can be signs of diabetes. The weakness can be a sign of lower blood sugar levels as well. So, i'd get tested right away!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:31 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Well Ive been tested for diabetes and it was just a little high, but nothing alarming the doctor said. I was a little overweight pre-pregnancy but the Dr. already said that I shouldnt lose more than 2-4 lbs before I start gaining. I havent gained ANYTHING and Im 17 weeks. My tummy is just starting to show but I feel awful now but have been feeling great since week 9.
    Blueyz1981

Answer by Blueyz1981 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2010