my one month old.....

hasn't pooped since Friday at 6am its now Monday. i breast feed but since then i gave ger maybe 3 bottles of formula. she has had formula before this as well and not had a problem. she has gas but no poop. she is extremely fussy too and will only sleep 2 hours when she used to sleep 3 to 4. can any one help with advice?

i have bicycled her legs since Friday morning and i do this threw out the day.

mommy2be77

Asked by mommy2be77 at 10:25 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would call your pedi and ask for advice. Mine told me that BF babies can go up to 4 days without having a bowl movement as long as they're having enough wet diapers, but because you gave her formula, I'd be concerned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• i don't know anything about formula fed babies, but i was told with bf babies, that as long as they were still eating, it is okay. our ped had one ebf that pooed every two weeks. this was her normal.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:31 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Nurse like crazy. Breastmilk is the world's BEST laxative. And sounds like you need to avoid formula, or at least that brand.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• USE A RECTAL THERMOMETER AND JUST STICK IT IN .....EVERY TIME DD WAS "BACKED UP " WE WENT TO THE DOCTOR AND AS SOON AS THEY TOOK HER TEMPERATURE SHE POOPED!
    Anonymous