does anyone have 2 carseats in a 2-door car?

hey ladies, my son is 2.5 and forward facing, and i am having my 2nd child in june or july. i have a 4-door car and my husband has a 2-door car. we really do need 2 cars because we live in a small city without public transportation, and we work different hours (i typically work 8am-4:30pm and he typically works 2pm-11pm). we wanted to try to get him a 4-door instead but i don't think that's going to happen.

so who has 2 carseats in a 2-door? i can hardly get my son in and out in my husband's car so it's hard for me to imagine 2 kids! at least my son will be 2 years and 9 months and can climb in himself, so he just needs buckled in and then the baby. *sigh*

i'm glad i have the 4-door!!!! it would take me half an hour to get them in! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had a two door when I had my son, when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter, we were at the car dealer the next weekend!
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 10:38 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• If you would like you may join the car seat group and we can help you find seats that will fit well.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I have 2 cars seats in a 2 door, tight but doable.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:01 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• We had a 2 door truck and it was extremely tight. I hated it., we now bought a van. Thank heavens.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I do! When I tell people I have a two door people think I'm crazy but I don't get what the big deal is. I have an accord so it's not a tiny 2 door and I have never had a problem. My son is old enough to get into his car seat by himself so that helps. It works for us!
    Anonymous

• I had a 2dr hatchback Escort with 3 car seats in the back. You learn to deal with what you have when you have no $$$$.
    jaymit

Answer by jaymit at 3:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2010