my son will be 4 aug 30th will he start preschool this yr?

we live in north carolina. he will be be 4 aug 30th this year

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• that is up to you. I don't know about where you live, but in MI there is no state funded preschool so as a parent you have to find a private program and pay out of pocket
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:42 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• if you want him to
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:43 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• In NC, preschool is private unless your child qualifies for head start. I live in NC.

No child HAS to go to preschool. Preschool is great for socialization, but don't worry about it being more than that for your child.
    Most preschool programs in NC are run through local churches.

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:57 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Here in Colorado your child can go as early as three years old if they are delayed in Speach. Then they go for the extra therepy and being with other kids who are talking great really helps them. Other than that they go by the birthday. My son's birthday isn't until August 19th. So he wouldn't go until he was six years old. The dead line is I believe in June.

This is in Colorado. I know every state is different
    CountryMom357

Answer by CountryMom357 at 2:29 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• i live here in concord nc and my daughter started preschool this past year and she is 4 now, but this preschool lets you bring you kids at the age of 1, but you have to pay out of poccket unless you your low income they will help some with tution.
    Anonymous