I think my dog may have a bladder infection?

I have a male lab pup. He isn't "cocking his leg and peeing", but everytime he comes back inside he has to pee. He has already went pee about 12 times in the past hour (no joke). He won't stop peeing, and only a little bit comes out. Help? I am calling the vets office too..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Pets

• I would take him in just to see if he does have a urinary tract infection. If he does, some antibiotics will clear it right up. But depending on how old he is and if he is fixed yet he could be marking. Which they will pee a little at a time a million times to scent mark their territory-including your house. I think a call to the vet is a good place to start.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 11:12 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• How old is this pup? it could be a bladder infection but it could also be that he is starting to mark and they don't have to lift their leg for that.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• OP HERE
    Thanks you guys! He is marking his territory. I called the vet, and he is getting his "man hood" taken away on the 22nd! He is 5 months old, and they say they normally don't do it unless they are 6 months. But since he is already starting to do this they need to stop it right away! Thanks for the input !!
    Anonymous

• In my opinion, I'd still have a urinalysis done to rule out a UTI or bladder infection. Untreated UTI/bladder infections can lead to kidney damage.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:07 AM on Mar. 16, 2010