• In the Spotlight:

How many of your husbands slept through your labor?

My DH slept through part of the labor with our first. I didn't mind, too much though, because I had an epidural. With our second, he slept through all of it but the last 10 minutes before I pushed. I could have killed because I watched him sleep while I went through the horrible pain.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Mine did. I didn't care one way or the other. I didn't want to be touched or bothered with any of mine, so it was best if he slept anyway.

This brings up a great story. My sister was having her 3rd and 4th kids. My brother-in-law was in the room while they got her set up. About an hour later he left and said he would be back in a few minutes. A few hours later, her doctor decided that it would be best if she had a c-section. They paged my BIL and looked for him. About 20 minutes later they found him sleeping in a waiting room. He had no idea what was going on.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:40 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Mine did, he actually went home till the doctor said I was a hour from giving birth then he came back to the hospital and slept some more and went to sleep again after I gave birth. I was in labor for 12 hours and he was onl with me for about 45 minutes of it. He was selfish and only thought about how much precious sleep he was missing on his day off
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• My water broke all over him and the bed at 5 am. He was awake! LOL. He was sick with a sinus infection and was feeling horrible, he was a nervous wreck, but he stayed by my side through the whole thing (took a few breaks). With our second child he was there and awake for that one as well, but he owned his own business at the time and so he had to leave shortly after she was born. It was hard not having him there, but he also had to care for our oldest daughter who was not quite 3 years old.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:08 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• What? Mine was awake the whole time with me, though all 3.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• nope.
    mine was fully awake and helpful (even though both of us hadn't had ANY sleep b/c I went into labor at midnight as we crawled into bed for the night).
    he rubbed my back for me, talked me through my contractions, he was VERY helpful. I'm sooo glad he was there for me. it was a very beautiful experience for the both of us.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Mine did... well, I can't be mad becasue I DID TOO! My water broke at home at 3am, we got to the hospital by 330, I had my epidural by 4am. So other than the nurses coming in and checking me every hour, we both got some much needed sleep until it was time to push at 10am!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:13 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• With my first, I wouldn't know, because I was asleep until about 20 minutes before I had her at 12:20 AM. Thank you epidural! With the second, no, he didn't sleep.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• mine did. we were up the night before all night, then he went to work for a few hours, then came to the hospital and took a nap...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• We all took naps at one point. It was 20 hours. I wouldn't expect anyone to stay up for that. My second was a scheduled c-section though. It was quick and easy.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:25 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• With our second I think he took a little 10 minute nap. I didn't mind, I was induced so we had to be at the hospital at 330am. We were both pretty tired. He just drifted off while we were watching tv, I tried to nap too, but the baby came quicker than expected. I haven't napped since, lol.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 15, 2010