big baby Husband- anyone else?

Last night I wanted my husband to just spend a little time- by that I mean spend a little time with me without any agenda.
It seems like everytime we are in the same room it's to have s*x, work on something, play video games or one of us is busy doing something else while we talk.
I know that what I'm describing is pretty good, but every once in a while I would like to be able to just hold him and talk if we want, or not. Or just do nothing.
He gets aggrivated and acts like it's a waste of time or something.

I understand that the Wii and his buddies spiderman, captain america and whatever else they are called are just waiting for his help to conquer the bad guys, but I think this is ridiculous!
Anyone else feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• next time take him in long drive and park by a park or lake etc. and than talk.

Don't give up you will find ways to make him listen.

Man that act like kids than you have to punish him like a kid and take away he's toys??? I have never done this but it may work, my hubby listen to me after time. My daughter had to take away the T.V and never got cable for that reason. It worked for her.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:35 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I had to laugh at your title! I have one of those BB hubby's! Hubby just got PS3 and conversations out the window...I wanna talk, discuss our days, what we have planned for the week....but it's like I am annoying with any little conversation......boo hoo....your not alone with a Big baby hubby......sigh!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• My hubby didn't take his HBP meds for TWO DAYS because he didn't remind me that they needed to be done again. I'm sorry that having a house full of kids distracted me and made me lose track of days. For the love of...
    Oh, and I cook his bfast almost every morning, because I like to. But there were a couple days where he got up before I did, fixed himself some breakfast, and didn't even think of me. THAT p*ssed me off. I let him know the second time he did it, too, and he felt so horrible. I mean, he could have ASKED me, or fixed it and put it up for me for later
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Def. my husband seems to ack this way all the time but ive learned to give him space b/c he works a hard 8-10 hr days and i understand that but i would sugesst to give him some space and time and when he winds down from a hetic day he will warm up to you! and will want to spend that extra time with you (its good for your relationship) sometimes it may take more that one day to see something but for me a simple than you or how was your day means the world to me.
    ncollins885

Answer by ncollins885 at 11:38 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Man's best friend is the dog anymore, video games have taken over, the only thing I say is at least he is at home and not out drinking, doing drugs and or other stuff.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:39 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• OP- I know he's a good guy. but men can be such big babies and I'm irritated.
    As for letting him have a little space- sure- I'll do that.It may just work, but the thing is the last time I did that he came to my whimpering after about 3 days saying that I was hurting his feelings by telling him hello, then going into the other room to sew when he got home!

aaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I gave him TOO much alone time???????

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Could you two come to a compromise and agree to 15 minutes (or whatever) UNinterupted time every day? I don't think that is too much to ask. My husband and I are the same way. He isn't into video games- I can't stand guys like that, but it is still always something. We don't really talk ever. It takes work!!! lol
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• My husband is very busy working 2 jobs and when he is home, he is usually doing his homework for his on-line master's program. Sometimes he just wants to watch TV or occasionally play video games or mafia wars on facebook (gag!). I understand with all the stress he is under right now (he has also been trying to get a career with the degree he worked so hard for, but with the current economy...he is a dept mgr now at WM and they announced this week that his position is being eliminated!) that he needs quiet time to relax and watch the news & play on-line. But since he is always so busy, I would like to have some of his time too! Am I the only woman that thinking watching TV together isn't "quality" time? LOL. Life has been chaotic because we have been getting ready for the arrival of our son (baby #2), due any day now, and sometimes I just want to relax and talk to my husband before life gets even more crazy!
    ChereseB

Answer by ChereseB at 1:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2010