Help!!! Daughter keeps biting holes in bottle nipple!

My daughter is 10 months old. She will only drink from a bottle but bites holes in EVERY nipple!!!! I dont want to go out and buy more. I have tried other numerous sippy cups....with silicone nipples like a bottle but in the shape of a sippy cup and just plain plastic lids. She will but them all in her mouth but does not suck on them like a bottle but chews it. Not sure if it is from teething or she just doesnt know how.

What are your suggestions??? Thank you.

Allie120

Asked by Allie120 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Thats when I got rid of the bottles, its not safe. Try holding a small plastic cup for her. Offer different types of sippy cups and leave them within reach with water in them so she can get familiar with them on her terms. Good luck, everything does fall into place.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:43 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Yep. Time for hard sippy cups!
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 11:44 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Get her some teething toys. At 10 months, she's going to be teething on things for a while. When you feed her the bottle, if she's just gnawing on it, pull it out, say, "No, that's just for drinking, don't bite it," and offer her a teething toy. A few weeks of being stern about the bottle being for drinking, not for chewing, and she'll learn to chew on teething toys instead of bottle nipples.
    Oh, and go buy some replacement nipples, cause at 10 months, she may not get it and keep on chewing them.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:46 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I will switch to Hard sippy cups then. She likes to hold her own bottle but I will have to hold the sippy cup for her so she will actually drink something. Thank you to the 1st and 2nd response. Swasson, Thanks for the comment but in my question I said I did not want to but new nipples. She has 5 teeth and I give her teething toys and she doesnt just chew her nipple for the hell of it, she chews it while sucking.
    Allie120

Answer by Allie120 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 15, 2010