i'm in my 1st trimester and sick what helps?

so i'm in my 1st trimester and pretty much always nashus what helps? this is my 2nd preganancy. the first one i miscarried so i want to do everything right. any advice?

imapregojuja

Asked by imapregojuja at 11:46 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Eat frequent small bland meals. Make sure to eat nutritious meals having foods from all groups. Don't skip out on any food groups. Eat soda crackers in between meals and first thing in the morning before you even get out of bed. Drink plenty of water. Good luck.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:50 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Eatin small meals does NOT always do the trick, I hate when people give that as the suggestion.
    You can try crackers, or the pregnancy pops. I personally liked just jolly ranchers they helped alot.
    If it is to bad to where nothing helps they ask your dr about a prescription to help.
    Good luck and congrats.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• i'd go with what the previous poster said. On my 2 previous pregnancy i had horrible morning sickness all the time, and preggy pops were a lifesaver, but the last pregnancy i did end up asking the doctor, and they gave me phenegran. It helped a ton, but it also knocked me out. I would sleep probably 12 hours every time i took it. So try to keep that in mind. I alternated between the medicine and preggy pops and that worked great for me. Good luck, and hope this helps.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 12:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Small meals do help some people, so you can always try that.
    The bland foods thing is also a good tip: I suggest highly carb-like foods to keep morning sickness away. Things like grilled chicken, rice, crackers, plain noodles, chicken soup, etc. can get you a lil' something on your stomach sometimes without making your sick. Stay away from things with a strong smell, though, since your sense will be much stronger and smells often trigger sickness. I made a simple chicken & rice casserole quite often during my first trimester with both pregnancies that helped because it was filling, but fairly simple in taste and didn't smell. Sprite, Ginger Ale, and drinks like that tend to put you at ease as well. Most doctors won't prescribe something unless your weight loss is significant and your sickness is incredibly often and causing you to dehydrate. Hopefully yours doesn't get to that point!
    HuntMomma

Answer by HuntMomma at 1:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2010