how can one person can be gay now but not 15 years ago?

how in the hell can one man date a women in high school and now decide he is gay?
so it being a gay a choice or you are born gay

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• this happens for LOTS of people, primarily because they are not ready to admit it to themselves, or are afraid of the stigma and rejection that can come with coming out.
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I believe it is a choice. I have had many friends who are gay who say that the whole born gay is a load
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• IMO people are born gay, but often gay people are scared to come out and they sometimes try to be "normal". Which means they may try to have straight relationships. Isn't it sad that gay people feel the need to pretend to be something they are not, because society tells them their natural feelings are wrong?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:51 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Really MsOwen? I have had many conversations with my gay friends and not one thinks it is a load of crap. All have told me they knew they liked the same gender from the beginning. All but two of my gay friends tried to be straight, meaning they had opposite sex partners, so they could fit into society.
    Who would choose to be gay, when there is such a stigma against it? Who would chose to live in a world with hatred and bigotry, with the possibility of being ostracized, bullied, beat up, and possibly killed for loving who they want? It is NOT a choice.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Gays are born this way and often supress it in order to fit in, but like in the case you quoted they eventually come out when their happiness is at stake, and they realize who they are and why they shouldn't hide.

Answer by older at 12:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• it's nasty to think of my parents screwing but i wouldn't disown them for it! stupidest argument ever.

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 12:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• It doesn't really matter. What people do in their private bedroom isn't any of my concern.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 12:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• My brother didn't decide to become gay until he was 50. It wasn't that he was ashamed or didn't know. He never had any feelings toward a man until he experimented at some sex party and liked it.

Anonymous

• Fifteen years ago people believed that if you were gay you were going to die. So they'd do anything to cover.

Hell, Rock Hudson was gay but covered it up for his career!

There was a great special re-run on BBC America last week about what makes someone gay. Here's the link: http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/292/john-barrowman-the-making-of-me.jsp

They might re-run it sometime. It's an eye opener.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I believe you may be born with a tendency to like one sex over another, but to act upon is a choice.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2010