For those of you that are divorced, how did you know that it was enough?

I have been having problems with my husband for what seems like forever. I could go on and on. Mostly about money. But a lately about the way he talks to me. We can't talk, he yells and I just have learned to just clam up. My best friend right now is my two year old daughter. About 4 months ago we had a major crisis in our family and my husband was just a major jerk and right now I can't stand him for it. There's just pleny to stuff and I'm just at my witt's end. I'm not happy with him. At times but it's breif. I don't think I love him anymore, not like that. I mean, I care what happens to him just not in love with him anymore. I don't care to be around him. I don't even care to talk to him anymore. Is my marriage over?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• We always argued over everything, hated being around each other (for years it was like this), I caught him talking to and drinking with other women, he would get drunk and drive home at 3am without calling me to let me know where he was. He also never wanted to spend time with me and his friends and alcohol took priority over his family so I gave him a choice...alcohol and friends or his wife and son. He chose his friends so that's what he's got:) I'm relieved to be done with that lonely. Painful, loveless marriage. We get along great now and is very active in his sons life:) We get along better now that we are divorced so a good ending is possible. Good luck!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• It is your decision but I would not leave without trying counseling with him or by yourself. It is hard to be in a marriage and maybe he is having a hard time adjusting. It takes 2 people to have a good marriage. Maybe he doesn't realize what he is doing. I had a lot of issue with my husband and we separated for a long time. I honestly felt like it was all his fault. We somehow came around to the realization that we both were to blame. We have been back together for several years now and it is a different life. More so because of how we react to conflict. It is not the end of the world anymore and the goal now is always finding a way to take care of each other. So I guess I feel like if 2 people want to be married they will find a way to grow in the marriage.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• My 3 year old telling him to "stop yelling at mommy" was it for me. With my ex's temper I could see that our son trying to stand up for me would not end well in time.
    We had tried counseling and the therapist totally agreed with my decision to leave.

Answer by missanc at 12:38 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I'm considering leaving too- in my case he's not a bad man, but I m not happy and not sure if this can go anywhere. From what I keep hearing it makes me wonder if not really wanting the man you have is a good enough reason-
    Anonymous