2 options

I am in a situations where I have two options basically

Option one: Stay in my marriage to the father of my kids, continue to be belittled and treated poorly, while hubby does what he wants while I am left to continue to go through the motions of essentially parenting our kids as a single mom. This is an issue that I have discussed with hubby and it may improve briefly but then we are right back to where we were before. He is short with the kids as well and has made comments that are completely out of line.

Option 2: Leave. Take my kids from the home they have known and totally turn their world upside down. In the hopes that we can have a happier life and maybe some day I can find someone who is willing and able to treat me how I deserve to be treated and who will make time for me and my kids as we are family together.

This really seems like an easy decision, but it is not when you have to worry about your kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Do you want your sons to grow up thinking the way their father treats you is the way to treat the girls they date and eventually marry? Do you want your dasughters to grow up thinking that the way their dad treats you is the way they are supposed to be treated by the man that they fall in love with and eventually marry? Go to counselling and make things change or get the hell out or it will mess up your kid's minds
    Anonymous

• have you guys tried counsling?
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• "This really seems like an easy decision, but it is not when you have to worry about your kids." - So true. But is it really beneficial for your kids to be around and basically be taught by the actions of your husband, and you, just taking it, how a relationship is suppose to be? They learn by example. To me the best choice is to up root the kids and leave make sure you get all the legal stuff out of the way. Maybe talk to a lawyer that will give you advice for free. Eventually when you up root the kids they will adjust! It's amazing what kids can do. My mother went through something quite similar and I adjusted just fine. And I learned what IS NOT a good relationship. Good Luck to you. My family will be praying for your family.!!

MarrsBar211989

Answer by MarrsBar211989 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• If the man is a good man than you stay, but if he is a Jerk than you go.

You just have to plan your exit, save money. The kids do come first do not start dating tell your life is good.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I agree with trying counseling. You wont want to leave your marriage unless you have tried everything to improve it. It sounds unhappy but not abusive. I think if you are both willing ot try you could make it work for your kids.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• You both have to make the decision if you want your marriage to work or not. I would try counseling first, before making any permanent decision. Your children should be your number one priority and your husband is the father of your children. As long as he isn't physically abusing you or your children (get out if he is!!) I would try to make it work first. If you are trying and he acts as though he could care less, then you will have to make a tough decision to get out (1) for him to hopefully realize what he has and decide he doesn't want to lose you and (2) if he doesn't, you deserve much better!! Good luck to you, and I hope your husband realizes how lucky he is to have a wife and children that love him, and that he doesn't take advantage of you anymore!
    ChereseB

Answer by ChereseB at 12:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I saw go for counseling, but I am not against the idea of doing what you can to meet people and keep a eye out for another man that treats you well.

not saying that you should cheat, but I don't think that you should close yourself off entirely from other options.

Anonymous