getting my kids to sleep all night in there beds

i have a 19 month old and a 3 yr old and they were doing so good then this past month they started getting up again in the middle of the night and coming in our bed uhhh i know i shouldnt let them b/c it makes them worse but im 6 months preg and i just want sleep lol please help what can i do to get them back in there beds all night

klinemom2

Asked by klinemom2 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Time and patience. Check out "The No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Ahh been there done that. I don't know the answer mom, for me and my kids, it helped tohave them in the same room at night, they didn't like sleeping alone. Maybe they could even share a bed?
    Bedtime has always been a nightmare for me. All I can tell you is that it is temporary. There will come a point in your life where you'll be able to sleep through the night. :)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Unfortunately, the best way to get them to stay in their beds is to keep putting them right back.. I agree that the Elizabeth pantley books are great and may be very helpful. I believe she also has a web site.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 12:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• thank you guys
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I told mine to go get back in his bed and he did and got up and went in his bed and got up again and again and again. He finally just got tired of getting up and me telling him to go get back in his bed, now he just goes and sleeps on the couch. LOL. I don't know what else to do so if you find any information that will help, PLEASE let me know! I have even thought about locking the door from the outside just until hes asleep again and when he sees he can't get out he will quit trying. IDK. That seems cruel though. I too am pregnant and I cant take him back in his room and put him in his bed, I can't lift him because of the "no lifting" rule. I have started a routine though and it seems to help a little... Bath at 7, cartoons til 8, go tuck him/her in and tell them its night night time and when they get back up tell them to get back in the bed. It seems to help until he goes to his grandparents house who lets him sleep in the
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• same room. That is where our problems started, when he started spending the night with them. So I am going to have to have a talk with them too,.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2010