Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child support

I found out my son's father is close to $150,000 behind in child support with his ex. I filed for child support but they "can't seem to locate him" even though I provided them with the address. They tried to serve him here in Florida, but he hauled ass from the state. After 2 days of none stop searching I FINALLY found the address. You would think they'd put a warrant out for his arrest considering he's already so far behind and isn't paying on top of running so he doesn't have to pay me child support. I'm at wits end. I'm was a stay at home mom when he decided he didn't want to be with us anymore so making ends meet for me is really hard. It's be nice to see some child support from the dead beat! I know they have so many cases, but why don't they just issue a warrant??

Answer Question

Asked by snjbjac at 12:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 4 (30 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • I think you may have to go to family court in order for a warrant to be issue, I know how it is with these dead beat dads, My kids father never paid one cent for them. Althrought I gave them all the inforn, but everytime they find him, he move or quit his job. I wish you luck, stay on this, make him pay.

    Answer by maymay52 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

  • The reason is you have a crappy child support enforcement office! That amount he could have a federal warrant!! I had to chase down and do child supports job for 2 years then his state got my case and wow he has been paying ever since! You have found him thats a major step. Now you call child support every single week, mark it on your calendar! Ask them if anything new has been done on your case...If they say nothings new call back in a few weeks say no I will call back next week. Yes they will get annoyed but guess what they will know your name ad knowyou are serious, my caseworker told me Agela I know how to do my job and got loud when I suggested she do something she hadnt tried. I called her supervisor and was apologized to. Finally they had his state start helping and they even sent cops to the door to verify his identity. Look up how to get a federal warrant I think you can get one at 20 grand behind, maybe more I dont

    Answer by okmommy08 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

  • remember. If you are informed they cant dismiss you. Ask why there isnt a warrant yet so you can document why say that to them that will get things moving.

    Answer by okmommy08 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

  • you dont need to go to family court for a warrant if youalready have a child support worker.

    Answer by okmommy08 at 1:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

  • well he's going to owe me child support from the day our son was born, but we haven't gone to court yet. My son's almost 8 months and I haven't seen a dime.

    Answer by snjbjac at 2:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

  • Actually more and more states do NOT do back child support. They process the child support from the date that you FILE for child support. However, if the paperwork is processed and he does not start paying that is called arrears. He would owe you from the date you filed to the day he starts paying.

    Answer by acrogodess at 4:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

  • you know if you get any kind of assistance, they will go after him. Go in and apply for Food stamps or WIC. that will get them moving

    Answer by tomib at 5:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

  • My Mom faced a similar problem. My dad left us and got a new family. He never understood the whole child support thing. When he left my Mom had never even had a job and she had kids aged 11, 7 & 5 months.

    She worked her butt off to raise us, she never used PA either. I remember how hard it was for my Mom and my best wishes and sympathies are with you. You can do it though, believe in yourself and the future of your child!

    Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:38 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.