What do you think about this babyshower? yay or nay?

Well, my situation is, im 6 weeks 4days pregnant today. My husband is away at his army basic traning, he will be back by June 21st which is around when I should know the sex of the baby. We will be moving first week of July, so my babyshower I will be 21 weeks, I know very early, But!!!! We will be far away with no family so might as well do while family is around... My idea is, our invitations we will tell everyone to buy things like diapers, and whatever else they would like-(we will register at walmart) (all gender neutral colors) and since I should find out the gender between 18-20 weeks, we are going tell everyone the gender at the babyshower, my mom will make the cake, (she will be the only one that knows) and will do the inside of the cake part, pink or blue.! and we will all figure out together.. :) yay or nay??

Armywifelovely

Asked by Armywifelovely at 12:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I like it.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I heard of someone else doing this type of thing.

Their Dr wrote it on a card with a sealed envelope....the soon to be parents took it to the bakery where the baker opened it in private and baked either a pink or blue cake inside....the outside was white!

They brought it home where all the close family and friend were and the mom and dad cut it open!!!!

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!

Wish I had done it too!!!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:48 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• very yay - and I love mom2two babes's idea too!! and you definiitely need to have a vote or something to see what guests think the gender will be. :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 12:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• sounds wonderful!!!
    Anonymous

• I love it!!! If anyone asks your Mom what to get for you she should suggest gift cards from Wal-mart,, less for you to move!! Good luck--I am betting girl for some reason, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Why do people think they have to get things at baby showers? A baby shower is supposed to be celebrating the baby-not so you can get stuff.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• You have to adjust things to fit life sometimes. I think it is a fine idea.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I saw the pink/blue cake thing on The Duggars, 18 (now 19) Kids and Counting. It's a cute idea.
    The only problem with your plan is that you're not supposed to tell people what to bring, in the invitation. When they call to RSVP, IF THEY ASK, you can tell them what you want (diapers, etc) and/or where you're registered. Otherwise, it's just bad form.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Cute cake idea
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 6:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• SaraP - A baby SHOWER is for the purpose of "showering the new parents with gifts." That's where the term SHOWER comes in.

OP I think it's a great idea.
    Anonymous