open relationships....

do you support it?
would you if your spouse would?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I had one with my ex-boyfriend. We were together for 3 years. I was a different kind of person, very 'out there.' I won't lie, drugs and alchol played a large part in our relationship, but I was young and wanted to be risky. It went VERY badly. IT turns out he was just a sex addict who wanted to have his cake and eat it, too. He kept it up long after we decided to be monogamous again. We fought about it non-stop and it ruined our relationship. Say what you will about monogamy being unnatural, we are culturally programmed to want it, and most people cannot deal with having a partner sleep around. It destroys relationships sooner or later.
    Anonymous

• No, not only no, but HELL no.
    I could never share my husband and he could never share me.
    If I wanted to be a slut I wouldn't have gotten married, and even when I was single I did not sleep around.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I don't see the point really, if you want to sleep around why be in a relationship?
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 12:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• no way! If my husband wanted to I would tell him if hewanted to be with other couples or women that he should get divorced. My cousin and her husband did it and she says that definatley cotributed to their divorce.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Open relationships are for people who are not ready to be committed. I can imagine them in highschool and college, but not once you are serious and/or married. I would never do it.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I don't believe in them. Like a PP wrote, why get married just to sleep around?
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I support anything that works! what works for one couple may not work for another.
    I personally am in a monogamous marriage and with jealousy issues doubt if a open relationship would work for me (I've been in them in the past) but I don't shun or judge those that choose this lifestyle.

I think those that have never done it just don't understand why it works for anyone-
    but if you do want to do this, there are clubs and groups for it. You don't have to go putting out a ad that some possible murdering sicko might answer. From what I understand you can visit these groups and not participate and see if it's for you. U just meet some people and talk-
    Good luck in whatever you decide-
    me, if I was thinking about it I would tell my husband openly and honestly. I'm married to a man that may not like what he hears, but he'd rather I speak up-
    Best to you-
    Anonymous

• from my experience i'd never do it again.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• NO! I took a vow to cleave only to my husband and he took the same vow. Open relationships completely negate that. I think that type of relationship is called "cheating with permission".
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Nope. If he suffered head trauma and wanted an open relationship all of a sudden, he is welcome to divorce me first and screw whatever he wants after.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2010