Can you get athelete's foot on your hand?

2 days ago I got a funny and very itchy rash on the bottom of my foot, DH said you have atheletes foot,,,IDK how I got it, but I went and got the medicine for it and it is still crazy itchy etc... This morning I woke up and have same thing on both of my palms, and my legs! Each patch is about the size of 1/2 dollar and it itches like crazy! Any ideas? I know it isn't ringworm, but for the life of me cannot figure it out!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 12:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Health

• ive got althlete's foot a little. i didnt realize i'd get it from my mother's shower who never cleans the thing. i think i have it now on my hands from rubbing them cause they turn red and get real itchy sometimes but on the legs is weird i was thinking eczema but to suddenly appear like that i have no idea what to tell you.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• athlete's foot is a fungus and you can get a fungus anywhere. I think jock itch is the exact same thing just in a different place, for example. I would call the doctor though just to make sure s/he wants to stick with the original diagnosis now that the symptoms have changed.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 12:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2010