How old of a man have you dated?

So, just wondering, how old of a man have you dated?
I'm 28-years-old and there is a guy that I met and we're TOTALLY into eachother. He is 44-years-old. I've always dated guys who are 1-2 years older, but never 15 years older!! As of right now, we just hang out occasionally and it's nothing serious, but the thing that i can't quit thinking about is that he has a daughter that is 24-years-old. I've never met her, but I have a good feeling that she isn't going to approve. So, do I just keep hanging out with him and see where it goes? Or do I consider the drama that it brings to his family and leave the situation before it gets too deep?
So, what's the furthest age difference for you? And how would you handle this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Only a couple of years older for me. The only thing I will point out about relationships where there is a large age gap, is that now he is young and healthy, but in the future, 10-15 years he will be aging. Are you willing to be a care taker? Are you willing to deal with possible impotence in the next few years? You are going to hit your sexual peak as he may start dealing with impotence.
    These relationships can work out well, but they can also have troubles because the younger partner sometimes becomes resentful that the older partner is aging while they are still young.
    Obviously you need to think these things over before you get too far involved. Good luck!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• my DH is 8 year older
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I dated a man once who was 12 years older then I was. I thought it was a little weird so it did not last. My parents were 15 years apart, and my sister just married a man 16 years older then her (she is 21), and my sons bio father is 7 years older then me. So i guess if it works for you then go ahead, but sometimes the age difference can cause some issues.
    Anonymous

• When I was 16 I dated a 30 year old guy. I know I know gross, but I really liked him and we didn't ever do anything sexual. Now when I think back on it I would have a heart attack if my daughter or MY SON did anything like that!
    Anonymous

• ten years older
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• My husband is 10 years older and it works out for us.. I say just go for it. Test the waters and see how you feel about being with him. If it turns more weird than nice, then I'd get out of it.
    Anonymous

• I'm 28, my fiance is 40. We've been together 4 years & getting married May 15th. He is my best friend & I've never been in love like this. I feel like i''m marrying my soul mate. It seams as if we're made for each other. We still have so much romance in our relationship even after 4 years. We have nothing but respect, harmony love for eachother. It's actually kind of gross how cheesey we still are...lol!

So, age does not mean much. It's who you are, having a similar maturity level helps too. He is a bit immature & acts young for a 40 year old, & i am more mature than your typical 28 year old. So, we meet at a certain level of maturity that works wonderfully for us. Some people may not be able to pull it off, but we certainly are pulling it off & we could not be aby happier. Hope this helps!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Personally, I would never date a man over 6 years older than me. My dh is 4 yrs. older. When he's 60 and all wrinkly, you'd still be rather young. To each their own, but I couldn't do it.
    Anonymous

• I tried dating a man many years ago who was 37 and I was 21. It didn't work for us and I ended up marrying my husband who is 2 years older than me. I guess it really depends on the person but I have a lot more common interests with my husband than I did with the 37 year old I was seeing.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Everyone is different and has their own point of view of what works well in a relationship. Some women are attracted to older men, some younger. For me, I prefer someone who has similar cultural experiences as me but found I was attracted to guys from 2 to 3 years older (funny but I never found it working with guys even one year younger than me!) I tried dating both the younger and the older but I married my husband who is only 2 years older and obviously was most happy with him. We both can reminisce about our shared memories of the Beatles, TV shows, bands and news events of the late 60s and 70's even though we didn't know each other at that time.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2010