What do I need to do?

I have been checking on telecommuting jobs. Seems like there is more to it than I realized. I was wondering if any one knew how to beable to do this type of work without the experience. It seems that you shouldn't have to have a degree just to answer a phone in your own home. For example: What would it take to be an online customer service rep?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• http://www.ehow.com/how_4819937_phone-jobs-stay-home-moms.html

I did a search for you.

If you are wanting other types of "telecommunication" jobs, those do often require degrees, and there are job sites out there that can help you find a job but they are often subscriber sites.  (Personally, I think the jobs listing there should be paying for the service, not the people looking for a job).  There are all sorts of subcategories that fall within the realm of telecommunication.

Good luck.

Anonymous

• pampered chef!! i do it and love it
    coltonblazesmom

Answer by coltonblazesmom at 6:38 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 6:49 AM on Mar. 16, 2010